MOCHA WALNUT COOKIES
2 csemisweet chocolate chips
I USED GHIRARDELLI 60% CACAO BITTERSWEET BAKING CHIPS
2 Tbspinstant coffee powder
2 tsphot water
1 1/4 cflour
I USED 1/2 CUP MORE FLOUR. THIS MAKES THE COOKIES THICKER AND LESS CRUNCHY
3/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cchopped walnuts or pecans
How to Make MOCHA WALNUT COOKIES
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in microwave. Melt until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Dissolve coffee powder in hot water in a small bowl.
- Stir together flour, and baking soda in a bowl. Beat butter, sugars and coffee in a separate bowl until creamy, then stir in egg and melted chocolate, mixing well.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture, remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts.
- Chill 1-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Roll dough, into small balls and arrange about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake, turning cookie sheets half way through baking. Bake until set, but soft about 10 - 12 minutes