Mocha Cappuccino Cookies
1 boxchocolate cake mix
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
4 Tbspbutter, room temperature
1 Tbspespresso powder, instant
1 1/3 ccappuccino baking chips
1 1/3cappuccino baking chips
7 ozsweetened condensed milk (1/2 a can)
1 tspmaple extract (optional)
How to Make Mocha Cappuccino Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 or if using a convection oven 350.
- In mixing bowl combine and cream together cream cheese and butter. Add egg and whip till well blended. Mix in espresso powder and blend well. With spoon stir in cake mix just till blended, do not over mix or use a mixer for this step. Fold in cappuccino baking chips.
- Drop by spoon full onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes than transfer to cooling rack.
- While cookies are cooling make the icing by combining the chips and sweetened condensed milk in small sauce pan. Place over medium low heat and cook and stir till chip are totally melted. DO NOT OVER COOK. Removed from heat and stir in extract.
- Drizzle warm icing over each cookie and let rest till they are completely cooled. They are great served with a nice hot cup of coffee! I always make a double batch so to have lots to go around.