Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 4 oz
- unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 c
- unsalted butter
- extra large eggs at room temperature
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- unsweetened dutch cocoa powder
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- bag mint semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- or more of confectioners' sugar
How to Make Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1In a microwave safe bowl combine the unsweetened chocolate and the butter. Microwave for 1 minute then stir. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds or more until the chocolate and butter have completely melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 2In a medium bowl, add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- 3In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using a hand held mixer), beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla until light in color, thick, and ribbons form, about 3 minutes on medium-high speed. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the melted chocolate and butter. Beat until blended. Add the flour mixture and beat until blended. Fold in the mint chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the dough is firm enough to roll into balls, at least 3 hours.
- 4Preheat the oven to 325º F (165º C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift the confectioners' sugar into a small bowl.
- 5Roll rounded tablespoons (I use a small ice cream scoop) into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll each ball in the confectioners' sugar liberally to coat completely (do not shake off excess). Place the balls on the baking sheet, spaced 2 1/2-inches apart (1 dozen per baking sheet).
- 6Bake the cookies until the tops are puffed and crinkled and the edges are slightly firm, 15-17 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!