Mini Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cookies
1 cunsalted butter, softened
2/3 cpeanut butter, i used jiff omega 3
1 cbrown sugar
1 tspdouble strength vanilla or 2 tsp. regular
2 1/4 cflour
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 csemi sweet dark chocolate chips
1 pkgreese's mini peanut butter cups (the unwrapped type- they are tiny)
How to Make Mini Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cookies
- In a stand up mixer or large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and the sugars until they are light and fluffy. Make sure the sugar is disolved.
- Next beat in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt and gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the peanut butter cups (I cut mine in half but next time will not).
- I chilled mine overnight but chill at least one hour. Bake at 350° and drop by the rounded teaspoons on parchment paper on a cookie sheet until edges are lightly brown about 10 minutes. Cool for a few moments and then remove to the wire rack.
- Note: I always do a test run before I bake all my cookies this way I can make sure the oven temp is right and so is the baking time for my oven. I will bake only 1 cookie first. That way if I don't have the timing right for my particular oven, I will only lose 1 cookie and not an entire sheet of them.