Mini Mincemeat Pie Cookies with Rum
- 1 1/2 cups
- mincemeat pie filling, jarred or homemade, i use jarred
- granny smith apple, peeled cored and finely chopped
- 2 tsp.
- prepared pie pastry, purchased or homemade, enough for a double crust pie
- 1 Tbl.
- coarse white sugar, or regular
How to Make Mini Mincemeat Pie Cookies with Rum
- 1In small bowl, mix together the pie filling, apple and rum.
Roll pie pastry on lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Using floured cutter, cut into 4-inch diameter rounds. Re-work scraps of pastry once.
Combine egg and water; mix well. Place 1 ounce (1 tablespoon) filling in center of one round. Brush edges with egg wash. top with another round. Seal edges with a fork. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining rounds. Brush top of cookies with egg mixture. Cut slit in top to allow steam to escape during baking. Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely on wire racks.
- 2*If using store-bought pie pastry, you may need to roll each sheet thinner to have enough. They make them too thick anyways. Homemade is best, though.