The photo is not mine, it's from the magazine...
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 c
- light brown sugar, packed, divided
- 1 tsp
- salt, divided
- 2 c
- cold unsalted butter, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp
- vanilla, divided
- 1/4 c
- light corn syrup
- 14 oz. can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 lb
- high quality milk chocolate
How to Make Millionaire Shortbread
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter sides & bottom of 13" x 9" pan, place layer of parchment in pan, allowing it to extend several inches over each end of pan; butter the parchment paper on bottom portion of pan.
- 2TO MAKE SHORTBREAD:
Measure flour, 1/2 c. brown sugar & 1/2 tsp. salt in food processor; pulse until well-mixed.
- 3Add 1 cup of butter, cut in chunks; pulse until roughly mixed.
- 4Sprinkle in 1/2 tsp. vanilla & process until it forms a ball of dough.
Remove dough & press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
Bake 35-40 min., turning pan around halfway through to brown evenly. Let cool on wire rack.
- 5TO MAKE CARAMEL:
Melt remaining 1 cup of butter over low heat; stir in remaining brown sugar, corn syrup and can of milk. Increase heat to medium-low; bring to boil, stirring constantly, for 4 min.
Remove from heat, stir in remaining salt and vanilla. Pour evenly over cooled crust. Let cool.