Meyer Lemon Lime Bars
**Adapted from Ina Garten and Girlchef**
Borrowed picture from the net.
FOR THE CRUST :
3/4 lbunsalted butter ; at room temperature
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1/4 tspkosher salt
FOR THE FILLING :
6 largeeggs ; room temperature
3 cgranulated sugar
1 Tbspfinely grated meyer lemon zest
1 Tbspfinely grated lime zest
1 cfreshly squeezed lemon/lime juice (use 6 small meyer lemons and 2 limes)
·confectioners' sugar for dusting
How to Make Meyer Lemon Lime Bars
- Butter a 9x12x2" baking pan , then line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment paper.
(This is optional but will make removing the bars from the pan much simpler.)
- FOR THE CRUST : Cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment
- Combine the flour and salt and , with the mixer on low , add to the butter mixture until just mixed.
- Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Chill the pan while oven preheats to 350°F
- Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes , until very light browned. Let cool on a wire rack ; leave the oven on.
- FOR THE FILLING : Whisk together the eggs , sugar , lemon and lime zest , lemon and lime juice , and flour.
- Pour over the crust and bake for 35-45 minutes , until set.
- Let cool to room temperature. Cut into squares or triangles and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Store any left overs in a covered container in the refrigerator.