Mexican Wedding Cookies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
So sweet. So delicate. So good.
This version of the wonderfully classic wedding cookie is nut-free... so it's perfect for those with nut allergies. Enjoy! The Test Kitchen
1 cbutter, softened
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
2 call-purpose flour
1 cold-fashioned rolled oats (quaker oatmeal, not instant)
How to Make Mexican Wedding Cookies
- PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350 degrees
- In a large bowl beat butter until creamy.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar, then salt, vanilla, flour, and salt.
- When blended and smooth stir in oats. shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. You can also flatten by pressing with fingers.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- While still warm roll in powdered sugar.
- Cool on wire rack. Makes 2 1/2 to 3 dozen cookies.