Mexican Sugar Cookies
How to Make Mexican Sugar Cookies
- 1In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar. Set aside
- 2In a seperate bowl, On medium speed beat together shortening, sugar and anise seeduntil nice and creamy. Add eggs to this one at a time being sure to beat after each addition. Now add orange juice and beat until mixture is fluffy.
- 3Gradually add flour mixture to this beating to form a dough.
- 4On a floured surface knead the dough. Seperate dough into two and wrap each half in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about a half an hour.
- 5Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 6Roll out one of the dough sections at a time to about a 1/2 an inch thick. Using cookie cutters or a glass, cut out shapes.
- 7Bake cookies in 350 degree preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Cookies should be golden.
- 8Mix sugar and cinnamon and dip very warm cookies into this. Then cool cookies on wire racks
- 9Repeat process with remaining dough until all dough has been used.