Mesquite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mary Lou Ellis
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 cflour
1 cmesquite flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspfine sea salt
2 stickbutter room temp.
3 largeeggs room temp.
2 cchocolate chips
How to Make Mesquite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl whisk together flour, mesquite flour baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- This dough is pretty stiff so I recommend using a stand mixer. In the mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until well combined. Add eggs 1 at a time until completely incorporated. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture in 3 batches, incorporating well with each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and if you like 2 cups of rolled oats.
- Drop dough by the spoonful on a cooking sheet. Do not crowd. Depending on how big you make the cookies will determine how long you bake them. I found 10 minutes for a 2 teasp. dollop of dough per cookie is about right if you like your chocolate chips cookies soft and chewy. Do not over bake!!!!
- After the cookies come out of the oven, tap them lightly with the back of a spoon to flatten slightly. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.