Melting Moments - Dee Dee's
It's been suggested by friends that have tried these that you could change this cookie up by changing the flavoring; Lemon, Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract, orange, etc. Also, add a Lemon or Orange glaze or dip in a chocolate coating. I've not tried any variation to the recipe, however, these suggestions sound good and next time I make these I may try something different.
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/4 cpowdered sugar
1 cunsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Melting Moments - Dee Dee's
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least one hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- When dough is firm, form into 1 inch balls and place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets spacing about 1 inch apart. Bake for about 12 - 14 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line another baking pan or tray with parchment or wax paper. Sprinkle about half of the confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar onto the bottom of the pan and then place the slightly cooled cookies on top of the sugar. Put the remaining sugar in a fine strainer or sieve and then sprinkle the tops of the cookies (or you can just roll the cookies in the sugar).
- These cookies store very well. Place in an airtight container between sheets of wax paper and they will keep a couple of weeks.