Mary's Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a great soft peanut butter cookie! My husband’s comment was that the peanut butter taste was not so overwhelming as most cookies of this type... very nice. The Test Kitchen
1/2 cmargarine, light
1/2 cpeanut butter, creamy
1/2 csugar (plus additional for rolling cookies in before baking)
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 tspvanilla extract, pure
1 1/4 cflour
3/4 tspbaking soda
How to Make Mary's Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine margarine, peanut butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together dry ingredients and add to wet mixture.
- Form into small balls, roll in remaining sugar and flatten with a fork... creating a criss-cross design.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until practically perfect.
- Note: You can substitute butter for the margarine, but I actually prefer the reduced-fat margarine in this recipe. Also, be careful not to over-bake. These cookies are best when they're a little under-done.