1 boxbrownie mix
1 cwalnuts, chopped [optional]
1/3 csugar or splenda
18 oz. pkg. low-fat cream cheese
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cmilk chocolate chips
How to Make MARBLE BROWNIES - LOW FAT
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 baking pan lightly w/cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the package.
Adding the walnuts [optional].
Pour into the baking pan. [do not bake yet]
- In a medium bowl, cream the softened cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
Add the egg, flour, baking powder and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownie mix; cut through with a knife For a marbled effect.
- Sprinkle top with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool; cut into squares.
[After cooling, for a neater presentable cut bar; I trim about 1/2 inch all around the pan. Remove it and use it to snack on OR can be crumbled on top of ice cream [either way kids love this]