- 1 box
- brownie mix
- 1 c
- walnuts, chopped [optional]
- 1/3 c
- sugar or splenda
- 8 oz. pkg. low-fat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- milk chocolate chips
How to Make MARBLE BROWNIES - LOW FAT
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 baking pan lightly w/cooking spray.
- 2Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the package.
Adding the walnuts [optional].
Pour into the baking pan. [do not bake yet]
- 3In a medium bowl, cream the softened cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
Add the egg, flour, baking powder and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- 4Pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownie mix; cut through with a knife For a marbled effect.
- 5Sprinkle top with the chocolate chips.
- 6Bake for 35-45 minutes until lightly browned.
- 7Cool; cut into squares.
[After cooling, for a neater presentable cut bar; I trim about 1/2 inch all around the pan. Remove it and use it to snack on OR can be crumbled on top of ice cream [either way kids love this]