MANDELBREAD (similar to Biscotti)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 large
- 1 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 3 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- sugar cinnamon mixture
- 1 pkg
- semi-sweet mini chocloate chips or
- mixed candied fruit and nuts
How to Make MANDELBREAD (similar to Biscotti)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix oil and sugar, add each egg and mix after each, add almond extract, vanilla and baking powder.
Add flour and mix until just incorporated. (I add one cup of flour at a time, less messy)
Add choc chips or fruit and nuts at this time, fold in but don’t over-mix.
The dough will be sticky, coat hands with flour, or dampen them with water, and divide dough into thirds and shape into three loaves on a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle Cinnamon sugar on top of each loaf.
Bake 40 minutes or until a little golden.
Remove from the oven, slice with a serrated knife and lay slices on their side.
Return to the oven for additional 10-15 minutes or longer if you like it crispy.
- 2Something new to try, melt milk or dark chocolate and white chocolate then dip one end of the Mandelbread in either, lay on wax paper until it hardens, or you can put in the refrigerator. You can also dip it in more chopped almonds while the chocolate is still wet. If you have extra melted chocolate when you are finished, you can drizzle the dark chocolate on the white, and the white on the dark to make them fancy.
- 3Freezes beautifully and some think it tastes great straight from the freezer. Either way it won't last long!