Man-sized, Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
For some reason they have almost a toffee flavor. Not sure why, but it is a yummy cookie.
I have also used this recipe to make 'Almond Joy' cookies, replacing the oatmeal with 2cups of coconut flakes and the pecans with toasted sliced almonds.
2 cunsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 tspvanilla extract
2 ccornflakes, crushed
2 cquick cooking oats
4 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking soda
2 tspbaking powder
2 ctoasted pecans, chopped
12 oz pkgchocolate chips
How to Make Man-sized, Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream together unsalted butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. ***Tip*** If you don't have room temperature butter then I just use my microwave set at 10% power a minute per side of butter for a total of 4-6 minutes, just be careful not to end up with melted butter, which I have done a couple of times because I somehow missed changing the power.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, I prefer putting eggs in hot tap water for 4-5 minutes so they mix better. Beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Stir in cornflakes and oats to this mixture
- Sift together, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt. I prefer to make sure they are all well mixed by adding 1 cup of flour to sifter, then 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, baking soda and baking powder, then alternate this for the other 3 cups of flour.
- Gradually stir in the sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Add toasted pecans and chocolate chips and distribute throughout dough. To toast pecans, spread a single layer on sheet tray and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Be very careful not to burn them.
- Place oven rack at the top of oven and preheat to 325 degrees.