Mammy's Forgotten Cookies
How to Make Mammy's Forgotten Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Beat egg whites and salt until it is foamy. Slowly add the sugar a couple of tablespoons at a time, this is important. Beat after each addition until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the vanilla and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and place the sheets in the preheated oven.
- After 2 minutes, turn the oven off. Leave the cookies in the oven overnight. In the morning, remove from the cookie sheet and store in airtight containers, lined with paper towels to absorb any moisture.