Mamma's Biscotti from Fante's
6 largeeggs, room temperature
1 1/2 csugar
3 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract
2 tsprum extract
1 cchocolate chips, whatever kind you like
How to Make Mamma's Biscotti from Fante's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add oil, vanilla and rum
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder, then add to the oil mixture and mix together well.
- Mix in Chocolate chips
- Pour out mixture onto baking sheet, lined with parchment or greased. Shape into loaf
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and slice on an angle into wedges.
- Turn the wedges on one side and bake another 10 minutes, turn to the opposite side and bake again for 10 minutes, until toasty. If you like a softer biscotti bake for less time.