Mama Bear's Porridge (Oatmeal) Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/4 cflour
1/2 tspbaking soda
3 crolled oats
1/4 cbutter (with this amount of butter, cookies will be light and crunchy. for moister, richer, and chewier cookies, use 3/4 cup of butter.)
1 cdark brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cwhite sugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Mama Bear's Porridge (Oatmeal) Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Grease two cookie sheets.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt into a big bowl. Add the oats and mix well.
- Beat together the butter, brown and white sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla extract in another bowl. Add the sugar mixture to the flour and oatmeal mixture, and mix until all ingredients are moist.
- Fold into the well-mixed batter: 1 cup of raisins, and 1/2 cup walnuts. (For variations, you can mix and match the same amounts of coconut, peanuts, and/or chocolate chips.)
- Drop mixture by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes 40 cookies.