Mama Bear's Porridge (Oatmeal) Cookies
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 tsp
- 3 c
- rolled oats
- 1/4 c
- butter (with this amount of butter, cookies will be light and crunchy. for moister, richer, and chewier cookies, use 3/4 cup of butter.)
- 1 c
- dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Mama Bear's Porridge (Oatmeal) Cookies
- 1Preheat the oven to 350º F. Grease two cookie sheets.
- 2Sift the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt into a big bowl. Add the oats and mix well.
- 3Beat together the butter, brown and white sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla extract in another bowl. Add the sugar mixture to the flour and oatmeal mixture, and mix until all ingredients are moist.
- 4Fold into the well-mixed batter: 1 cup of raisins, and 1/2 cup walnuts. (For variations, you can mix and match the same amounts of coconut, peanuts, and/or chocolate chips.)
- 5Drop mixture by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes 40 cookies.