Magic Cookie Bars
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can(s)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c
- semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 c
- flaked coconut
- 1 c
- chopped nuts (whatever you fancy)
How to Make Magic Cookie Bars
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Coat 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- 2Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with a fork.
- 3Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.
7-Layer Magic Cookie Bars: Substitute 1 cup (6-ounces) butterscotch flavored chips for 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and proceed as directed above.
Peanut butter flavored chips or white chocolate chips may be substituted for butterscotch flavored chips.
Magic Peanut Cookie Bars: Substitute 2 cups (about 3/4 pound) chocolate-covered peanuts for semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Magic Rainbow Cookie Bars: Substitute 2 cups plain M & Ms for semi-sweet chocolate chips.