I recommend using a scale, as all my measurements are done in the metric system (and are more accurate).
If you're looking for this in cups/oz please look in the comments below f(^^);;
Every oven is different. I usually time mine for about 14:30-15min. The longer in the oven, the edges will be a little bit darker and crunchy. Don't leave in more than 16min though, you will burn them.
- 1 large
- 50 g
- 50 g
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 50 g
- butter, melted
How to Make Madelines
- 1Preheat oven to 374° if making the same day and not refrigerating.
- 2Melt butter (separate from the recipe). Butter then flour Madeline pan. Shake off excess flour.
Place in freezer until ready to use.
- 3Beat egg and sugar together until smooth.
- 4Sieve flour and baking powder together and add to egg and sugar mixture. Mix until smooth.
- 5Add melted butter and add to the mixture (all at once).
- 6Place a plastic wrap around the bowl and place in fridge for about 30min.
Note: You don't need to do this. But I store mine between 30min+. Sometimes even a couple of hours. They just taste better I think.
- 7When ready, take Madeline pan out from freezer.
Fill each Madeline 3/4 and place in middle of over for 12-15 min.
Optional: Powdered sugar