Madeleine tea cookies
- large eggs
- 2/3 c
- white sugar
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- orange zest or lemon zest
- 1 pinch
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 10 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted, and cooled a little
- powdered sugar for sprinkling on at the end
How to Make Madeleine tea cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 375 F. Use Pam spray with flour and spray Madeleine pans. (Madeleine pans are little shell shaped pans)
- 2Beat eggs with an electric mixer; add sugar and beat just enough to blend.
- 3Beat in vanilla, zest and salt. Add flour; beat just until blended. Add
cooled butter, beating just until blended.
- 4Spoon 1 Tablespoon batter into each little shell. Bake until puffed up and
light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes & remove from pan; sift powdered sugar on top when cool completely.