Macaroons with chocolate and orange
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, 7 ounces
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon minced orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- three ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
How to Make Macaroons with chocolate and orange
- 1preheat the oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together coconut, sugar, flour, zest, salt in bowl.
- 2Stir in egg whites, butter, and almond extracts.
Fold in chopped chocolate.
- 3Drop tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets.Bake macaroons, one baking sheet at a time, until macaroons are firm to the touch and lightly browned on the bottoms, 20 to 25 minutes. Let macaroons cool on the baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer them to a rack to cool.
- 4If you'd like to make ahead make the prepared macaroon dough as directed, then form into a disc. Wrap the disc in plastic wrap. Store dough in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to one month. Thaw dough in the refrigerator before forming cookies and baking as directed. Makes about 20 cookies