I use shredded sweetened coconut for these...
Pretty enough for a fancy cookie tray and easy enough to make anytime!
1/3 cbutter, softened
3 ozcream cheese, softened
3/4 cgranulated sugar
2 tspalmond extract
1-1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
5 cshredded sweetened coconut, divided
48hershey chocolate kisses
How to Make Macaroon Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixer bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese & sugar on medium speed til light & fluffy. Beat in egg yolk & flavoring extract.
- Sift together flour, baking power & salt; slowly add to first mixture, blending well. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover mixture & refrigerate about an hour, or until chilled & easy to handle.
- Roll dough into balls, roll in remaining coconut.
- Put on ungreased cookie sheets, about 2" apart. Bake @ 350°F for 10-12 minutes, til lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss into top of each cookie and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Cool on pans for about 2-3 minutes, until chocolate kisses are slightly softened. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling....Enjoy!