Macaroon Cookie Bars
Feel free to use pecans in place of walnuts, if you like. Also, try tinting the remaining coconut with food coloring prior to sprinkling. Pastel colors make a pretty presentation for Easter!
- 1 pkg
- white cake mix
- 1/2 c
- butter (softened)
- 2 large
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 tsp
- almond extract (pure, not flavoring)
- 1 1/2 c
- flaked coconut
- 1 c
- walnuts (chopped)
How to Make Macaroon Cookie Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Mix together cake mix, butter and 1 egg. Spread and press into bottom of pan.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk, almond extract and 1 egg. Stir in 1 cup of the coconut and walnuts. Pour and spread mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle remaining coconut (1/2 cup) over top.
- 4Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before slicing into bars.