Macadamia Cranberry Cookies
These make a great give-a-way gift.
3 1/2 cap flour
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cbutter - softened
1 clight brown sugar
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 pkginstant vanilla pudding mix - small size - 6 servings
1 1/2 tsppure vanilla
1 1/4 cdiced salted macadamia nuts (or salted pecans)
1 1/2 cdried craisins
1 cwhite chocolate chips
How to Make Macadamia Cranberry Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl and seet aside
- Mix butter and brown sugar until well combined. Add granulated and sugar and blend well. Add pudding mix and blend thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in nuts, craisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful (for small cookies) or Tablespoonful (for large cookies) onto ungreased cookie sheet setting them about 2" apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 8 - 12 minutes depending on the size you chose.
Cool and enjoy !
I have found that the instant vanilla flavor works best. Using other flavors I found the cookies to be a bit dry. If you want a chocolate flavor dough I would add a bit of cocoa to the mixture.
I prefer salted nuts as they add a nice dimension to the finished product. I use macadamia nuts for their unique flavor and crunch, but pecans are very tasty also.
I love dried cranberries in this recipe, however, I did make them one time with dried cherries and they were delicious! Feel free to exchange the craisins for cherries or apricots or whatever floats your boat !
The chips can be semi-sweet, milk chocolate or white chocolate - it's all a matter of preference.