"LUV U LOTZ!!"
I use my shortbread cookie recipe (submitted: Dulce de Leche Filled Shortbread Cookies) but cut out hearts instead of circles. For one-half of the cut-out hearts, I cut the center out of a larger heart with a smaller heart-shaped cutter, so that you could see the yummy filling through the top cookie.
Recipe can be doubled! Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day!!
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- (2 sticks) unsalted butter (not margarine) at room temperature
- 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract (not artificial flavoring)
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1/4 c
- confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 c
- sifted, dry red velvet cake mix
- 1 tsp
- sifted cocoa powder
FOR THE FILLING:
How to Make "LUV U LOTZ!!"
- 1FOR THE COOKIES: In a medium size bowl whisk the flour with the salt.
In a larger bowl, beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
Add the sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in the Vanilla Extract.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F -with the rack in the middle of the oven.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 5Place cut out cookie dough on baking sheets and put in refrigerator for about 15 minutes -this firms the dough and helps cookies keep shape while baking.
- 8NOTE: This is not a real sweet filling. If you want it sweeter, you can add more sugar. If you do, you may need a little more butter or Cream Cheese to make it to the desired spreading consistency.