Luscious Lemon Bars
2 1/4 call-purpose flour, divided
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 ccold butter, cut into pieces
2 cgranulated sugar
1 tsplemon zest
1/3 cfresh lemon juice
1/2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Luscious Lemon Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil or parchment paper, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- Stir together 2 cups of flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degree for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a large bowl until smooth; whisk in granulated sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir together baking powder and remaining 1/4 cup flour; whisk into egg mixture. Pour mixture over hot baked crust.
- Bake at 350 degree for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Lift from pan, using foil sides as handles. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes). Remove foil, and cut into bars; sprinkle with powdered sugar.