Low Fat Biscotti - Chai Flavored
- 1 Tbsp
- ground ginger
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp
- ground cloves
- 3 1/2 c
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 4 large
- 2/3 c
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- corn oil
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make Low Fat Biscotti - Chai Flavored
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- 3In a seperate bowl mix together the next 2 ingredients.
- 4Then mix together the last 3 ingredients.
- 5Now mix everything together. If the dough is too sticky too handle, add more flour, a little at a time.
- 6Use a tablespoon measure (slightly heaping) to scoop out each cookie. Form each cookie into long strips like lady fingers (see photo)
- 7Place each on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 16 minutes or til bottom of cookie is slightly browned. Do not over bake. This is not a crunchy, hard type of biscotti...thats why I don't double bake them. These are much easier on your teeth, but still great for dunking in coffee!
- 8When cooled, store in an air tight container.