Low-Carb Sour Cream Drop Cookies
- 2 c
- fat free sour cream
- drops of yellow food coloring
- 3 tsp
- lemon extract
- 1 c
- granulated truvia artificial sweetner
- 2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 oz
- pkg. of finely crushed pork rinds
- 6 c
- almond flour
- 1/2 c
- sliced almonds
How to Make Low-Carb Sour Cream Drop Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Move rack to top of the oven. Combine first four ingredients and mix well. Then add the next five ingredients and mix. Add flour and rinds last. Mix well. Mixture should be the consistency of very thick oatmeal.
- 2Allow mixture to sit for about 15 minutes to thicken. Stir and drop by tablespoonfuls onto a non-stick cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. A non-stick or teflon baking sheet is very important as the cookies are soft and cake-like and could stick and break apart while removing on any other type of cookie sheet.
- 3Bake for about 9 minutes. Cookies will look very light on the top, almost like they are not set. But if the bottoms are a little brown around the edges, remove from the oven. Let cool for a couple of minutes and then carefully remove from cookie sheet.
- 4I used lemon extract, but you could experiment with vanilla or other flavorings. If you're not dieting, you can use your imagination and try adding one of the following: lemon frosting, coconut, raisins, nuts, cranberries, baking chips, cut up dried apricots .. etc.