Lotsa Nuts Bars
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2/3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1 can(s)
- unsalted mixed nuts (11 1/2 ounces)
- 1 pkg
- butterscotch chips (6 ounces)
- 1/2 c
- light karo syrup
How to Make Lotsa Nuts Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl stir together flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into the bottom of a greased 9 by 13 inch pan.
Bake for 10 minutes.
- 2Remove from oven. Sprinkle nuts over crust.
In microwave melt butterscotch chips at low power(30%). Stir until smooth. Add corn syrup and remaining butter. Mix well. pour over nuts.
Bake for 10 more minutes or until set. Score bars where you wish to cut them. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut when cool. Makes about 3 dozen rich bars.