- your favorite cookie recipe, i used chocolate chip. you need 2 cookies per "monster"
- frosting in various bright colors
- decorations - m&ms, candy corn, marshmallows, etc...
- 1 stick
- butter (room temp)
- 2 c
- powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp
- food colors
A GREAT FROSTING
How to Make Little Chomp-Monsters
- 1Bake or buy cookies. Let cool. I use the recipe on the Nestle chocolate bits bag. Other cookie flavors would work great too... use your imagination.
- 2Put a mound of frosting on just abour 1/3 of the bottom of one cookie. Press a second cookie on it at an angle so the cookies are bottom to bottom at an angle kind of like an open mouth.
- 3Decorate the mouth with candy corn or M&M teeth, add marshmallow eyes and M&Ms or whatever other candy you want to use.
- 4The original Pillsbury pic had what looked to be licorice whip as eyebrows... I couldn't find licorice string type candies in the stores, so mine went browless! :)
- 5A GREAT FROSTING:
Beat butter and vanilla. Add powdered sugar slowly so you don't have a kitchen that looks like snow flurries like I had the other day. Add milk and beat till creamy. Seperate into bowls and add food coloring. Now have fun and decorate some Little Chomp-Monsters