Les' Deep Fried Oreos
These are better warm, as the coating will get soft if left to get cold.
When he made these, he used two pkgs of Oreos and they disappeared at warp speed!
Chocolate Oreos were used, but you could use whichever you like, or even the double-stuffed variety!
How to Make Les' Deep Fried Oreos
- 1Preheat deep fryer to 375°F.
- 2In large bowl, mix the milk and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt & sugar. Combine with the milk mixture. Beat to make smooth batter.
- 3Using tongs or a fork, dip Oreos into the batter and let excess drip off. Carefully place in deep fryer, a few at a time. Cookies take about a minute or so to cook; turn gently to make sure both sides turn a light golden brown.
- 4When done, carefully remove with slotted spoon and place on paper-towel-lined tray to remove excess oil. Put cookies, a few at a time in a bowl oro small bag of powdered sugar, shake gently. Serve warm.
- 5Note: This batter is for funnel cakes, so if you want to use it that way, you can! Just test consistency; if it runs out of funnel too fast, add a little more flour; too thick, add a little more milk.