Lemony Afternoon Cookies
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 large
- eggs (room temperature)
- 1/4 c
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp
- freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar (dusting tops of the cookies)
How to Make Lemony Afternoon Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2In a large mixing bowl add butter and sugar. Cream together, on medium speed,until well blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 3On low speed add eggs, one at a time, mix until blended. Add lemon juice and zest, mixing until blended.
- 4In another bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the cream mixture and mix together well.
- 5Drop by rounded tablespoons, onto prepared baking sheet, 2 inches a part. (I like to use a Tablespoon sized ice cream scoop.)
- 6Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Edges should be firm, with little or no color.
- 7Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar.