Lemony Afternoon Cookies
1/2 cunsalted butter (softened)
1 1/2 csugar
2 largeeggs (room temperature)
1/4 clemon juice
2 tspfreshly grated lemon zest
1/2 tspbaking powder
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cpowdered sugar (dusting tops of the cookies)
How to Make Lemony Afternoon Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add butter and sugar. Cream together, on medium speed,until well blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- On low speed add eggs, one at a time, mix until blended. Add lemon juice and zest, mixing until blended.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the cream mixture and mix together well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons, onto prepared baking sheet, 2 inches a part. (I like to use a Tablespoon sized ice cream scoop.)
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Edges should be firm, with little or no color.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar.