During baking, the cookies will flatten and get a bit of a crackled appearance on top.
- 16 1/2 oz
- box lemon cake mix
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon zest
- 2 c
- frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 large
- egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c
- confectioners' sugar (for rolling, amount is approximate)
How to Make Lemon Whippers
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine cake mix, lemon zest, whipped topping, and egg; mix well. Chill dough about 30 minutes (which makes it easier to shape the dough).
- 3Using a cookie scoop to scoop dough, about 1 teaspoon of dough for each. Shape dough into balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar and place on baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- 4Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- 5Cool 1 minute on baking sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.