During baking, the cookies will flatten and get a bit of a crackled appearance on top.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
16 1/2 ozbox lemon cake mix
1 Tbsplemon zest
2 cfrozen whipped topping, thawed
1 largeegg, lightly beaten
3/4 cconfectioners' sugar (for rolling, amount is approximate)
How to Make Lemon Whippersnappers
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, lemon zest, whipped topping, and egg; mix well. Chill dough 30 minutes (which makes it easier to shape the dough).
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set baking sheets aside.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each dough ball in confectioners' sugar, and place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden and the tops have a bit of a crackled appearance..
- Cool 1 minute on baking sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.