Lemon Thin Cookies (almost as good as the one's Nabisco use to make)
How to Make Lemon Thin Cookies (almost as good as the one's Nabisco use to make)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture forms a ribbon when the beater is lifted. Keep beating and add the lemon rind (zest).
- 3In a separte bowl beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the butter to the egg mixture alternating with the flour.
- 4Drop the batter by teaspoons about 2 1/2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Flatten the mounds into 2 inch rounds with a spoon dipped in water.
- 5Bake the cookies for about 5 minutes, or until the edges are browned.
- 6Allow to cook on the sheets for 1 minute, then cool them completely on a rack.