Lemon Tea Cakes
Stephanie Van Den Berg
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Lemon perfection! These are a light and fresh tasting cookie. The perfect complement to your afternoon tea or a lovely evening treat. Lemonade Kool-Aid makes the cookie sweet but tart. Make sure you let the cookies completely cool before dipping into the sugar mix. They are fragile and will crumble if still warm.
Note: If you can't find superfine sugar, run ordinary sugar through your food processor for about 2 minutes. The Test Kitchen
- 1 1/3 c
- 6 Tbsp
- cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- lemon extract
- lemon zest, grated from 1/2 lemon
- 1 pkg
- lemonade drink mix such as Kool-Aid
- 3/4 c
- superfine sugar*
How to Make Lemon Tea Cakes
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 6Transfer to cooling rack to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- 7Combine super fine sugar and Kool-Aid packet in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 9*Superfine sugar can be found in the baking aisle and may be called bakers sugar OR in the area with bar mixers. Typically it is used to sweeten iced tea because it melts so quickly. It can be found in the beverage area of your local GFS Marketplace.