2 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
2 sticksalty butter, softened
1 tsplemon extract or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tsplemon rind, grated
How to Make Lemon Spritz Cookies
- preheat oven to 400.
- lightly grease cookie sheets, set aside. in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- in a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. beat in egg yolks, lemon extractor juice and grated rind.
- gradually add flour mixture to a large bowl, mix well. place dough into cookie press with desired template.
- note: depending on the cookie press, dough might need to be chilled until firm. place cookies 1 inch apart onto prepared cookie sheets. bake 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown slightly.
- let set on cookie sheet for 1 minute before transferring to cooling surface.