Lemon Poppy Seed Thumbprints
1 1/2 stickbutter, unsalted
2 call purpose flour
2 Tbsppoppy seeds
·zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbspheavy cream
1/4 clemon marmalade or jam
How to Make Lemon Poppy Seed Thumbprints
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the marmalade/jam. Mix with hands until quite smooth and well mixed.
- Make 1 1/4 inch balls of dough by hand and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Make an indentation in the center of each ball with your thumb. Fill the indentation/well with about 1/3 tsp or so of marmalade or jam. Do this with a small spoon. Do not overfill.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 14 - 15 minutes. For convection ovens, use 325 degrees for the same amount of time.
- Remove from cookie sheet with a spatula to cool completely on a rack. Do not stack.
- Store airtight between layers of waxed paper. Makes 28 absolutely luscious cookies.