Lemon Meringue Cookies
How to Make Lemon Meringue Cookies
- 1pre-heat oven to 200 - line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large Bowl, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar and the vanilla, Beat with an Electric mixer untill the egg whites are foamy, then, very slowly, while contiuing to beat, add the sugar, Beat till the mixture is thick and glossy.
- 2useing a spoon,dollop walnut size mounds onto the pre-pared baking sheets, Then wet your thumb or finger, leaving it slightly damp, Make an indention in the top of each mound, making sure your finger is always slightly damp, Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or untill the meringues are dried and crisp.
- 3For Crisp Cookies with a soft Lemon Filling - Add a teaspoon of Lemon filling in the indention on top, Just before Serving.
- 4For Soft Marshmellow like Cookies - Fill the Indention with a Teaspoon of Lemon Curd at least several hours before serving and up to 24 hours before serving.
- 5Store the meringues in an airtight container at room temperture, Between sheets of waxed Paper.