Lemon Cream Cookies1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 calmonds, blanched and slivered
1/2 cdark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cheavy cream
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Lemon Cream Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or butter them.
- Place almonds on baking sheet or pie plate and toast them in preheated oven for about 4 minutes or just until they are crisp and faintly colored.
- Set almonds aside to cool.
- Leave oven on.
- Place sugar in food processor fitted with steel blade.
- Remove zest from lemons with a citrus zester.
- Process zest and sugar until zest is grated, about 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar, eggs and cream and process until very well mixed, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of the batter on the prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 1/2 inches between cookies, then sprinkle the top of each cookie with 2 or 3 pieces of toasted slivered almonds.
- Bake in center of oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to racks to cool.
- Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days; the cookies can be frozen for up to 2 months.