Lemon Cranberry Cookies
A friend had described these cookies to me as she had them once and I went searching for a recipe. I found this, tweaked it a little, and made them today to try them out. She came over and had them and it seems they're better than she remembered. And my non-cookie-and-cake-and-sweets-eating host parents emptied my cookie jar in two days!
Take care not to overbake!
2 1/4 cflour
1 tspbaking soda
1 cbutter, unsalted (softened)
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 ccaster sugar
1 pkglemon instant jell-o pudding (3.4oz)
1 cdried cranberries
How to Make Lemon Cranberry Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare three baking sheets (for a smoother flow in and out of the oven).
- Cream butter and sugars till light. Add pudding mix and beat till well incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating till smooth with each addition.
- Sift flour and baking soda and stir into mixture using a spatula. Fold in cranberries.
- Drop mixture onto baking sheets, leaving a little room as these cookies spread. Bake for 10 minutes or till a hint of browning around the edges is visible.
- Remove tray from oven and lift sheet off, allowing cookies to cool and set on the sheet for a bit before transferring them to a wire rack.