How to Make Lemon Cheese Bars
- 1Place rack in center of the oven and Pre-heat oven to 350. set aside an un-greased 13-by 9- inch baking pan
- 2Place cake mix, oil, 1 egg in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. The mixture should be crumbly. reserve 1 cup for the topping. transfer remaining crust mixture to the pan. Using your fingertips press the mixture evenly over the bottom so that it reaches all sides. Place pan in oven.
- 3Bake crust until light brown. 13 to 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside. leave oven on.
- 4For filling. place cream cheese in the same mixing bowl used to prepare crust, and with the same beaters (No need to clean either) Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until creamy 30 seconds give or take. Stop the machine and add sugar lemon juice and remaining 1 egg. Beat on low speed until well combined (1-2minutes) Use rubber spatula to spread filling over the baked crust so that is covers the entire surface. Scatter th ereserved cust mixture over filling. Place pan in oven.
- 5Bake until crust is a golden brown and filling just stars to set. (14-15 minutes)Remove the pan from the oven and place it on wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
- 6Cut into 24 bars. Remove bars from the pan with a metal spatula and serve