2 Tbsplemon zest, grated
1 cbutter, unsalted, room temperature
2 largeeggs, room temperature
1 Tbspalmond extract
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
3 1/4 call purpose flour
1/2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Lemon Almond Crinkle Cookies
- preheat oven to 350. prepare baking sheets with parchment paper. set aside.
- in the stand of a mixer or a electric mixer combine sugar and lemon zest with your fingertips (by pinching the two together) until sugar is thoroughly coated in lemon.
- add butter, cream until light and fluffy, 3-5minutes. add in almond extract and eggs. mix until combined.
- scrape sides down as needed. add salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour. mix until combined. scrape sides of bowl as necessary.
- pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. scoop 1 tablespoon portions of dough and roll into a ball. roll in powdered sugar until coated.
- place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough. i make 12 per sheet, but you could easily fit 18.
- bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookie look matte.
- remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.