Lavender Shortbread Cookies
These cookies would be dreamy with earl grey tea, honey ice cream, or a cup of cold milk.
Cookies last, in an airtight container at room temprature, for up to 4 days.
I found this recipe on a blog called Joy the Baker.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbsplavender blossoms, dried
1 Tbspsugar, raw (to combine with lavender)
1/2 csugar, raw
1 cbutter, unsalted - softened
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1 smallegg, beaten (for egg wash)
extrasugar, raw (to sprinkle on top)
How to Make Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, add butter, ground lavender mixture, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Cream on medium speed until slightly more pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. There will still be raw sugar bits floating around. That’s fine.
- Dump dough mixture out onto a clean surface and form into a ball with your hands. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Use a fork to prick cookies. Brush very lightly with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Refrigerate cookies while oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place racks in the center and upper third of the oven.
- When oven is preheated, bake cookies for 8 to 11 minutes, until just browned around the edges.