Lavender Shortbread Cookies
These cookies would be dreamy with earl grey tea, honey ice cream, or a cup of cold milk.
Cookies last, in an airtight container at room temprature, for up to 4 days.
I found this recipe on a blog called Joy the Baker.
- 1 Tbsp
- lavender blossoms, dried
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar, raw (to combine with lavender)
- 1/2 c
- sugar, raw
- 1 c
- butter, unsalted - softened
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 small
- egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- sugar, raw (to sprinkle on top)
How to Make Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
- 4In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, add butter, ground lavender mixture, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- 5Cream on medium speed until slightly more pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. There will still be raw sugar bits floating around. That’s fine.
- 7Dump dough mixture out onto a clean surface and form into a ball with your hands. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 8Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 11Use a fork to prick cookies. Brush very lightly with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Refrigerate cookies while oven preheats.
- 12Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place racks in the center and upper third of the oven.
- 13When oven is preheated, bake cookies for 8 to 11 minutes, until just browned around the edges.