Lavender Shortbread Cookies
It is important to use culinary lavender because any others may be treated with chemical scents or pesticides. I found some at the Fresh Market for less than $2.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Now *this* recipe intrigued me! I had never cooked with lavender before and wondered how such a small amount of it could really flavor a dish. Boy, was I surprised! The aroma while these were baking was so pleasant and relaxing... almost as much so as enjoying the cookies themselves. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Blend butter and both sugars.
- 3Add in flour. I find 1/2 cup at a time works best.
- 4Add crushed lavender and blend well
- 5Turn out and press dough into a 8x8 baking pan. Pierce deeply with a fork.
- 6Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 7Slice immediately into squares and let cool before removing.