Lavender Heart Wedding Cookies
I did make some adjustments to the recipe my cousin gave us, to make the dough easier to work with.
In the recipe card my cousin made me, it has the note: "In folklore, lavender has always been linked with love."
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 3 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lavender florets or 1 tbsp. dried culinary lavender, coarsely chopped *
How to Make Lavender Heart Wedding Cookies
- 1Cream butter, sugar, egg and baking soda until fluffy. Stir in flour and lavender. Make into ball, cover with plastic wrap & chill for 15 minutes.
- 2Roll out dough on floured surface, and use a heart cookie cutter to cut out cookies.
- 3Bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees F, for 11-13 minutes, until slightly golden.
- 4*Make sure to use only culinary lavender, that has NOT been treated with harmful chemical scents or pesticides.