I make cutouts for all seasons with this recipe. Fall, football season, Thanksgiving, spring, whatever.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cbutter (no substitute)
1 1/2 tspcream of tartar
1 1/2 tspbaking soda dissolved in 2 tablespoons milk
1 tspkosher salt
I tspvanilla extract
5 cflour (about)
How to Make Kris Kringles
- Cream butter and sugar together until thoroughly blended.
- Add vanilla, milk, baking soda and well-beaten eggs.
- Sift 3 cups flour with salt and cream of tartar. Add to mixture above. Add more flour as necessary to make dough that is easily handled. Chilling dough will make it still easier.
- Roll out dough on a floured board or cloth and cut out.
- Bake on lightly sprayed cookie sheets in 400-degree oven 8-15 according to thickness of cookie.
- Lift carefully from sheet pan to wire racks to cool.
- Frost and decorate.