Kourambiedes (Greek cookies)
I know some the recipes are really lacking in some or all areas, but I am posting them as they are in the cookbook
How to Make Kourambiedes (Greek cookies)
- Cream butter well; add sugar. Mix well.
- Add flour and vanilla gradually, mixing well. Add pecans. Dough will be very stiff.
- Roll or mash dough into 1/2-inch thick sheets. Cut with cookie cutter.
- Insert 1 whole clove into center of each cookie. Space on greased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake about 15 minutes at 300 degrees or until just slightly brown.
- Cool and roll each cookie in additional powdered sugar.
- Arrange on large dish; sift sugar over cookies on plate.
Mrs. Herman Swendsen, Pres.
Tarpon Springs Church of God LWWB
Tarpon Springs, Florida
- ***I have the same questions all of you have about this recipe. If anyone knows about these cookies, please enlighten us all. Thanks.