How to Make Kentucky Colonels
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and 1 pound of the powdered sugar with mixer on high speed. Add the bourbon, the remaining sugar ad the nuts and mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm enough to handle, about 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler and then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Form rounded teaspoons of the nut mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet covered in wax paper.
- Dip balls in into the melted chocolate 2 at a time. Using 2 forks, turn the candy, coating completely with the chocolate. Tap fork to eliminate excess chocolate, then place on on the wax paper.
- continue with remaining candies. Place baking sheet in the refrigerator until firm enough to handle. Pace in a tightly sealed container and allow to age several days before serving. Will keep refrigerated for several weeks if they last that long.