1 Tbspkaro syrup (light or dark)
3 lbfine ground walnuts
3 1/2 cflour
1/2 cwhipping cream
1 tspbaking powder
·pinch of salt
POWDER SUGAR FOR ROLLING IN AFTER BAKING
How to Make Keeflees
- 350 degrees
- NUT FILLING.........
Boil water and sugar, till ball forms in water or 225 degrees. Add Karo and nuts. Cook about 5 minutes. Sit aside to cool.
- Cookie dough....
Mix together till crumbly, flour and butter, use your hands.
- Add whipping cream, eggs, baking powder, sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix till it picks up itself. (smooth as a baby's bottom).
- Roll out thin and cut into 3 inch squares. Put nut filling on the dough, not to much or it will make its way out of the cookie. Now roll the dough like a crescent roll. Then take the cookie and fold the ends in toward each other, it'll look like a shrimp.
- Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. about an inch apart.(this will save you time if the filling comes out and bakes on sheet)
Brush with egg white before putting in oven.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and roll in powder sugar. Store in plastic bag sealed.